As an artist, I believe that crayons are useless if you're not a child. Mainly because crayons never erase and if they do, not all the way. Plus it's hard to draw well with them.
But as a cosmetologist crayons do have worth after all. So I will show you how to make lipstick from crayons.
WARNING: This isn't my method, im just passing it on. If you are allergic to anything here then going to the store and buying lipstick might be best for you, especially coconut.
What you will need: Coconut oil, crayons (any color will do fine), something to hold the product in, something to mix the product, a frying pan, water and a glass measuring cup.
Don't's- Don't put this in a microwave, you will thank me later.
1. Cut up or break the crayons to little pieces so that it melts properly. But take off the paper first. Ladies use your teeth to do it. You are gonna get wax in your mouth until the day you die, so suck it up.
2. Fill the frying pan with water, turn it on to low to medium and place the glass measuring cup in the water and wait for it to boil.
3. Add a scoop and quarter of coconut oil and add it to the measuring cup for it to melt. To speed up the process mix the oil constantly until it's a clear, hot liquid.
4. Add crayons. To tint this correctly I used 2 full red crayons and one thirds of a violet red crayon. Mix this constantly too.
5. Pour the final product in a small plastic container. This is so it's easier to pop the lipstick out.
(ugh just ignore my freezer and how weird it looks)
6. Place the final product in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden
ALL DONE! The colors may not be too vivid but this IS non-toxic and WAY more cheap then store bought lipstick. The most expensive I've ever bought would be 8-9 dollars, the color was crappy, it kept fanning out, it tasted disgusting and the product was way too soft, but I couldn't return it because I used it. The Orange lipstick was too hard and the magenta lipstick was too soft but the red lipstick is just right and it's my favorite!
If you want to, please try it out and show me a pic of you wearing the lipstick! Kk bai!